The sun, the foliage, the outdoor activities, all the great things about warm weather…but along with good stuff about the outdoors comes the very real potential for fleas and ticks. Due to our VERY wet winter experts are predicting a worse than normal flea and tick season (http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2015/02/27/in-northeast-weather-changes-may-mean-more-ticks-earlier). We, at Pets a Go Go, recognize there are many choices in flea and tick prevention but our recommendations come from a wide variety of experiences amongst our 2,100+ clients. VECTRA 3D is a topical prevention method for fleas, ticks, and other outdoor pests. VECTRA actually repels the ticks, rather than beginning to work after the animal has been bitten (a la Frontline). Here is a link to a video demonstrating the correct way to apply VECTRA: http://www.vectrapet.com/Home/How-To-Apply. Please note that VECTRA is only sold by your veterinarian so feel free to ask him/her if you should consider it. Now what happens if your pup picks up fleas? At Pets a Go Go, we provide a comprehensive and foolproof way of addressing an itchy little problem. We provide a full flea ‘dip’ as well as the appropriate administration of a CAPSTAR. CAPSTAR begins to kill the infestation in as few as 20 minutes. This combination of treatments allows you to address both the current live fleas as well as the eggs and larvae that would become fleas at a later date.
PETS A GO GO™ LAUNCHES TREAT OF THE MONTH CLUB
The Perfect Gift for Dog Lovers
Looking for a gift for a friend with a new puppy? Want to do something fabulous for your own Fido? Here’s an idea that’s paws-itively delicious…
The area’s most trusted pet care provider, Pets a Go Go™, introduces the Treat of the Month Club. A purrfect gift for your furry friends! Each month, Pets a Go Go™ will hand select premium dog treats, delivered straight to your door.
Pets a Go Go™ has searched high and low to sniff out the tastiest, most nutritious treats for your four legged friends. Each monthly delivery includes goodies from companies like Raw Bistro, Cloud Star, Etta’s, True Blue, Nature’s Bits, Blue Dog Bakery and more. Treats are all natural, made in the USA, and subscriptions can be tailored to household dietary needs and allergies. The Treat of the Month club can ship anywhere nationwide.
Subscriptions and pricing are as follows:
- $17.99 for month by month
- $49.99/ 3 months
- $89.99 /6 months
- $159.99/ 12 months
**Shipping or hand delivery for our current clients included
For more information please visit petsagogo.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 1 (914) 458-4181.
About Pets a Go Go
Pets a Go Go™ is the service provider of choice for more than 2,100 pet parents (and their furbabies) in Westchester County, New York as well as Southern Fairfield County, Connecticut. Pets a Go Go™ offers in-home pet sitting, private or group dog walking and running, private or group on- or off-leash hikes as well as expert training, grooming and several options for cage free daytime or overnight care (your home, our home or our 24 hour facility!) as well as much, much more.
2015 marks the 10 year anniversary of my entrance into the pet care world. When I started this business, I followed my passion and left a high powered corporate career to begin this juggernaut of a company. It is/was the biggest professional step of my life both in terms of energy and reward. I always imagined all that Pets a Go Go could be, however, what has been the biggest and most thrilling surprise is how I have become a part of the community. Our community, 2,100 strong and growing daily, that has been built steadily from the day we started. Our community, comprised of pet owners, pet lovers, rescue groups, veterinarians and more, share a common interest in keeping ALL of our pets safe, well and happy.
In an effort to harness the power and passion of this dynamic community, along with finding a forum through which to share our collective expertise as well as address concerns and disseminate helpful information, we are launching WAG RAG, a blog that we hope will become an essential resource to our area’s “pet people”.
Whether you use our services, have witnessed our Paw Squad in action or simply love pets … for this kickoff post, I thought I would explain all that Pets a Go Go provides to our current and potential clients:
- While we have a roster of over 2,100 current clients, we also perform more than 1,000 services a week in the field alone
- We do daily as well as on-call dog walking for those that need a relief walk, some good exercise or their furbaby needs some time out of the house while they are at work
- We provide in home pet sitting for when people travel. We can visit up to four times per day as well as sleepover in their homes
- We do home based ‘fostering’ where your furbaby can live with one of my full-time employees in their private homes temporarily. Please note we strictly limit to two client pups
- We have a 100 percent cage free environment for 24 hour care for those furbabies who need/want a more active environment and who like other dogs *
- All members of Pet’s a Go Go’s Paw Squad are full-time W2 employees who are background checked, drug-tested (both at hire and randomly during their employment) and are driving a GPS tracked vehicle
- Our extremely selective hiring process culminates in a multi-week internal training program as well as CPR and First Aid certification, insulin shot administration as well as the kneading of bladders. Many members of our Squad are also trained to administer sub-cutaneous fluids as well
- We provide private in-home or in-facility training as well as group lessons for both puppies and adults for behavior modification, housebreaking and other issues
- We provide cage free grooming utilizing the latest equipment as well as paraben nad chemical free products following our ‘green’ mandate
- We are open 7am to 10 pm (please arrive by 7pm) every day of the year for ALL services. We never close our doors to our clients nor do we ever leave a furbaby in our facility alone
- We are bonded and insured as you would expect
*vaccine and fecal test requirements are listed on our website and are generally jurisdicted by Westchester County Department of Health
Thanks for being a part of the Pets a Go Go community, I look forward to sharing with you!
Nicole Goudey-Rigger/Owner/Pets a Go Go